Sunday, November 25, 2007

Westminster Council Take the Piss!!!!

Today, while parked near Covent Garden I was given a very shady parking ticket.

I was correctly parked on King Street and was displaying a valid Disabled Badge.
I was within the 3 hours allowed by the Badge.

The PCN was therefore incorrectly issued.

Upon seeing the notice I called the number on the back of the notice and was told that we should have made a "Contribution" to the parking. I looked everywhere around the car and all all the pillars near by (see attached picture) and was unable to see any indication that this was the case.

I then spoke to Community Officer number CW 7373 who looked with me and agreed that there was no indication that a "Contribution" was required (and can verify this if asked).

When I spoke to the "gentleman" on the phone he was not sure how much this "Contribution" should be.

It strikes me as very unfair that a disabled person should be expected to call the parking c redit card line and make a payment of unspecified value when they have a parking permit that allows them to park with out paying. I repeat there was no indication that Disabled Badge holders have to pay.

I trust have appealed this and will let you know what happens. Rest assured I will fight this all the way!

The only instructions in sight

No comments: