Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Update from the ISE

Day 1…

A good day with a steady flow of visitors to the stand. There seems to be a large Greek and Greek Cypriot contingent here. This is good as it allows me to practice my Greek and also could give me an excuse to go Cyprus for work. Just need them to sell a few Bath-O-Matics. J

Fredy had several meetings with potential distributors in various places. Guess we will not know how good that was for a few months.

Took a walk round the show and discovered 3 halls that I did not know existed! This place is HUGE.

Seen a great little projector. It’s called a Pico and it fits in to the palm of your hand. They had it hooked up to a Nokia N95. I want one! (oohh! Shiny).

After the show we went and had some drinks with New Invor our Belgium distributor. They seem keen do shift some product.

The evening started as trip so get some diner, so I decided to dress in my trampalike costume to keep warm. As we wondered around Amsterdam we stumbled across the Extron party and managed to get in (as loyal Extron clients).

Very nice. Lots of free booze, some music and even some video games to play. A good time was had by all.

Let’s hope that tomorrow some one comes to order 100 units and make our week. I should really go round the show and do lot’s of product reviews, but I am here to demo the Bath-O-Matic so it really does not give much time to wonder. Shame the wireless facilities (and internet access in general) is so rubbish. They want to charge a fortune for access to the RAI wireless for the 3 days and I cannot seem to find details for what the “Pay-As-You-Go” charges. The internet Café in this area is too slow for words and 3G roaming is extortionate.

Enough moaning. All is good. The weather is wet and a bit snowy, but (touch wood) does not look too bad for the trip home. I guess I will post this when I get to the hotel tonight.

No comments: