Thursday, August 07, 2008

What a crock of S(&%$

Holiday Scam
 
I have just had a phone call from this crowd  http://www.onceinalifetimeholiday.com/index.html  Apparently I have just won a competition which gives me the "opportunity"  to buy a holiday from them at a discount price.  Lucky me!
 
The person on the phone started by telling me that I had completed a competition entry form, this is not true.  When I pointed this out to her she said that I had used my MasterCard or Visa card, but I have not given them permission to use my details!  She was not sure which card I had used and tried to get info from me.  When I refused to give her any info and tried to get some info from her she put the phone down.
 
I have called their UK contact number and, surprise, surprise, it redirects to an overflowing mailbox in the US.
 
They must be desperate for business if they have to make these sort of calls to the UK to try and fleece people.  I really hope the credit crunch hits them and takes them out.  Problem is that they are probably totally fake and are just praying on peoples gullibility and greed, I doubt if there is a real holiday company behind this.  You pays your money and you gets bugger all.
 
Over and out.

No comments: