Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Another useless company. Norwich Union Direct

I paid my insurance
I waited a couple of days for the data to be updated
I tried to get my road tax on line
I get told I have no insurance!!! - NUD have not updated the Motor Insurance Database
I called NUD
After 10 mins of navigating through a ridiculous auto attendant system I get through to a chap that spends 5 mins taking me through security and then does not seem to want understand what I am saying to him
He finally gets the message and decided that he cannot help me so says he is transferring me to someone that can help
No he is not! he is putting me in another QUEUE!!!
Another 5 mins of navigation
Get through to another chap.
I refuse to speak to him and insist on a supervisor
5 mins of pointless argument with him insisting on me telling him the story again and me saying that I do not wish to repeat myself and why did the previous chap not record the details!
I finally relent and allow him to take me through security AGAIN!
On hold for 2 mins
Now I get a "Supervisor" - Santhosh Joseph
I repeat the story
He wants to send me a cover note so that I can get in touch with the DVLA!
I say that I am not willing to. NUD are supposed to provide a service. They have dropped the ball and I have just wasted 20 mins trying to rectify their cock up
He then agrees to send a memo to admin (Why could he not do this in the 1st place!)
He wants to take me through security
I refuse. I will not do it a third time!!!
He sends his memo
I demand to have an explanation from NUD as to why they have cocked up
He apologised profusely and assures me that the data will be updated within 48 hours They will call me or write to me to explain the problem. They have my mobile number.
What I want to know is "Why in this modern age, none of these firms have EMAIL???"

They threaten us that they are recording all calls. I insist that they listen to the recording and train their staff better.

Watch this space

No comments: