Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Greenwich Council

Greenwich's new waste disposal Cockup - 4 Weeks without a garbage collection

Letter to local paper

Hi,

Am I the only one that is suffering because of Greenwich councils messed up "new" garbage collection system?

For 4 weeks now they have failed to pick our bin up. I believe that it is because the bin is "contaminated", if that is the case they are supposed to put a notice through my door or put a sticker on the bin. This has not been done.

I have been on the phone every day since last Tuesday trying to get them to collect the bin. I am willing to say we may have messed up, but there is no way forward other than them taking away and us getting it right in the future.

I have been keeping track of the events (most of them) here http://cosmap.blogspot.com/

I refuse to go through the bin and sort the rubbish as it is now 4 weeks old and that would be unhygienic. I am tempted to deposit the whole bin on their doorstep!

No comments: