Thursday, April 18, 2013

A Response from Tesco

Hi Cosma,

Thanks for confirming your contact number. Would you mind letting me know what the reason is for the expected callback? I'd appreciate if you could provide me with more information so that I can explain this to the store.

Kind Regards,
Chrissie - Customer Care

*******************************************************************

My Reply…

I have actually just spoken to someone that identified himself as the Petrol manager. The reason was 2 fold. Initially it was because one of your pumps poured my money all over my car, my tire and my foot and I wanted to bring it to you attention. Then it transitioned to "why are Tesco NOT responding" .

According to you manager all the pumps are ok. Which does not explain what happened. One of the pumps did not stop. I have been filling cars for over 20 years and this has never happened to me before, except in one other case when the pump was broken. So either I made it up or there is a defective pump in Eastbourne and just because no one else has complained (you do realise that many people do not complain, they just go elsewhere for their fuel) they will not address it. Either way Not good.

The Eastbourne manager made the requisite apology, with no indication that he actually meant it, told me the pump was fine and said did I want some dry cleaning.

A better approach would have been a, respond quicker, b, tell me that he would take a look at the pump (even though I know he will not). Or do I come from an old school of customer service where the customer is always right and he comes from a modern school where the customer is always wrong?

2 comments:

Cosma said...

The pumps are inspected regularly through out the day by the staff members and there will be a log book of the results of the checks.

I'm not sure why this has happened, but as the manager has stated everything is running fine at this current time.

Once again we apologise for any inconvenience caused,
Daniel - Customer Care

Cosma said...

That is what he said. Guess I just made it up.