Thursday, December 11, 2008

Paypal

End of the Story
 
For once I nearly gave up on this one.  It was getting tedious, and I did not care that much.  But then Paypal decided to bombard me with a bunch of auto generated emails answering questions I did not ask so I thought I would give it another go.
 
 Glenn the Vhinz mailed me so I decided to call them again.  1 Hour and 15 minutes this took.  The 1st 7 minutes were doing battle with their auto attendant, which decided to send me 2 more emails that I did not request nor want!  Finally I get through to "Meg"  she proceeds to go down a dead end and does not listen to what I am trying to say to her about my issue.  She spent a great deal of time getting me to re register the phone and the decided it is because my phone does not use WAP 2.0!!  I explained to her that my phone does have WAP 2.0 and that was irrelevant to the conversation, but she would not have it.  Finally I asked to speak to her supervisor.  Along comes "Venessa".
 
We went through much of the same process I did with Meg, but she finally asked for the model of my mobile (Nokia N95 8Gb).  Venessa went away and checked.  Surprise surprise my phone is compatible with their system!  So what is the problem???  "What carrier are you on?", "T-Mobile", "Ahh! that's the problem".  Apparently T-Mobile in the UK does not work with Paypal text security!!!
 
OK.  I can live with that, I am not happy about it, but I can live with it.  My question is "Why the bloody hell does it not say that on the website??"  Why does it take 1 and a quarter hours of my time to find out?  Would it kill them to put this up on the web site?
 
I did point this out to Venessa and also registered a formal complaint with Paypal about their shoddy customer support and poorly trained staff.  I am not holding my breath that they will bother responding to me.
 
Come on world!  Someone out there must be able to start a viable competitor to this bunch of clowns!

No comments: