Friday, June 15, 2012

Some progress with Staples

This morning I decided to give staples a call.
I spoke to a chap on their Store Customer Services number.  In keeping with my policy of not naming the innocent I shall not put his details here.
He said that he had responded to my initial comment.
And after some digging I found this.
From : customerservices@staples.co.uk    <<<  Generic Address Which is why I thought it was machine generated.
Dear Cosma,
Thank you for your email and for taking the time to fill in our customer service survey, your comments are appreciated and will be passed onto the store for their information and improvement.
Kind Regards
<Name Removed>
Customer Services
Staples UK Retail Ltd

Followed by a partial transcript of my responses.  My comments were missing.
Then I got a bog standard template email from generic addresses.  This came from the comments box on their website as follows….
From: Retail@online.staples.co.uk
Your comments have been passed to our Stores Customer Service
Team and you will receive a response shortly.
Please do not reply to this email.
Should you require any further assistance pleasec ontact us via our web
site, 
http://www.staples.co.uk. Alternatively please email customersupport@online.staples.co.uk and one of our dedicated
representatives will be available Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
Kind regards
STAPLES  DIRECT

Why not follow us on Twitter for Customer Service offers and more! https://twitter.com/XXXXXXXX
The last line is quite funny.  Why would I want to follow your twitter account if I am annoyed?  Good thing I am not a Troll.  Oh, I love the typo.
Today I have received 2 emails From humans at last.  Progress?
From : customerservices@staples.co.uk <<< Generic Address
Dear Cosma,
Following on from our telephone conversation today, I have cut and pasted your blog and will pass it on to our complaints team.
Kind Regards
<Name Removed>
Customer Services
Staples UK Retail Ltd

****************************************************************************
From : customerservices@staples.co.uk <<< Generic Address
Dear Sir/Madam,
I was extremely sorry to receive your email regarding the poor service you received from our Old Kent Road store.
At Staples it is our aim to provide the best customer service at all times and it appears the store has fallen below the standards we set as a company.
I have passed your complaint to the District Manager, for investigation and resolution.
Please can you advise me of a contact number for you to enable our District Manager to contact you personally to apologise.
It is only by receiving feedback from customers like yourself that companies are made fully aware of any problems and are then in a position to resolve them. Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to bring this matter to my attention.
If you have any further queries or this is not resolved to your satisfaction, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Kind Regards
<Name Removed>

So I have managed to speak to one person.  Got 1 Real email and 3 template emails.  All from generic addresses.  Lets now hope that I start to get some real people on the line.
Incidentally….
We needed some bits today.  Another £100 cash.  This time it went to a competitor.  I realise that £300 is peanuts on the grand scheme of things, but we are constantly buying bits and pieces and all the pennies soon make pounds!

No comments: